A: I was a founder of the Cannabis Alliance and am an interim Board Member. I was a founder and Executive Director of the Coalition for Cannabis Standards and Ethics which merged to form the Alliance. The mission of creating a sustainable industry that is a positive for all stakeholders is something that has been very near and dear to my heart for many years. It is going to take much effort in the evolving of "legal cannabis" to make this goal happen. I have contributed much time and effort in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
A: A great Board member keeps up on laws and policies, federal, state and local. A great board member should be able to understand where the policy and industry is at so that they can be intelligent as to where to steer the organization. A great Board member shows up to meetings and works on Board projects such as legislative wording.
- Board member, Vice President, 10 years as Chairman, Seattle Events, A Non-Profit Corporation producer of Seattle Hempfest.
- Board Member, Executive Director, Coalition for Cannabis Standards and Ethics. Founder.
- Interim Board member, Cannabis Alliance. Founder.
- Board Member, Vice Chair, National Cannabis Industry Association. Founding member.
- Board Member, Coalition for Responsible Cannabis Reform.
- Advisory Board member, Bloomfield New York
- Board member, Compassion In Action
- Board member, Dunshee House/ Seattle AIDS Support Group
- Board member, Chief Executive Officer, Northwest Patient Resource Center
- Board member, Treasurer, Hemp Initiative Projects of Washington State
I am experienced in direct lobbying in local governments, State and National Legislatures. I have great relationships with many of the lawmakers in that spectrum. I can read and write legal/legislative code. I have been working on cannabis policy/strategy for more than 20 years from local to international. I know Robert's Rules of Order and understand the form and function of Boards, legislative and regulatory bodies.
I aspire to work the rest of my career in a cannabis industry that is well put together and informed. Board service to the Alliance will help to better that industry.
I have been a cannabis law reform advocate for more than 20 years. The emerging industry is the cutting edge of ending the futile and idiotic policy of prohibition.
I have made it work thus far and do not expect that will change.